About the Contributors.
Part I: STRATEGIC APPROACHES TO DIVERSITY.
1. Developing Strategic Approaches to Diversity Policy (Gill Kirton).
2. Practice Chapter - The Importance of Diversity in Innovation (Carolann Ashton).
3. Diversity in the Context of Business Ethics (Catherine Cassell and Phil Johnson).
4. Managing Diversity: Developing a Strategy for Measuring Organizational Effectiveness (Michael L. Wheeler).
Part II: LEGAL AND CULTURAL ISSUES.
5. Management of Diversity in the UK - The Legal and Psychological Implications (Jill Earnshaw).
6. Affirmative Action as a Means of Increasing Workforce Diversity (Alison M. Konrad and Frank Linnehan).
7. Principles and Practice of Gender Diversity Management in Australia (Mary Barrett and Andrew Hede).
8. Organizational Efforts to Manage Diversity: Do They Really Work? (Penny Dick).
9. Managing Diversity: Caste and Gender Issues in Organizations in India (Elisabeth M. Wilson).
Part III: SPECIFIC FORMS OF DIVERSITY.
10. Gender Diversity and Organizational Performance (Deborah Hicks-Clarke and Paul Iles).
11. Analysing the Operation of Diversity on the Basis of Disability (Carol Woodhams and Ardha Danieli).
12. Managing Racial Equality and Diversity in the UK Construction Industry (Andrew W. Gale, Marilyn J. Davidson, Peter Somerville, Dianne Sodhi, Andy Steele and Sandi Rhys Jones).
13. Is Diversity Inevitable? Age and Ageism in the Future of Employment (Chris Brotherton).
Part IV: DIVERSITY TRAINING AND ITS EFFECTIVENESS.
14. Designing a Diversity Training Programme that Suits your Organization (Roberta Youtan Kay and Donna M. Stringer).
15. Diversity Issues in the Mentoring Relationship (David Clutterbuck).
16. Networking and the Modernization of Local Public Services: Implications for Diversity (Jean Hartley and Lyndsay Rashman).
17. Workable Strategies and Effectiveness of Diversity Training (David L. Tan, Lee A. Morris and James Romero).
Part V: RECOGNIZING STEREOTYPES, ATTITUDES AND BIAS.
18. What You See is What You Get: Popular Culture, Gender and Workplace Diversity (Alison Sheridan and Jane O'Sullivan).
19. Male Managers' Reactions to Gender Diversity Activities in Organizations (Anna Wahl and Charlotte Holgersson).
20. Bias in Job Selection and Assessment Techniques (Mike Smith).
Part VI: THE FUTURE - THE MANAGEMENT OF DIVERSITY BEYOND THE MILLENNIUM.
21. Cultural Diversity Programmes to Prepare for the 21st Century: Failures and Lost Opportunities (Norma M. Riccucci).
22. Cultural Diversity in the IT-Globalizing Workplace: Conundra and Future Research (Nada Korac-Kakabadse, Alexander Kouzmin and Andrew Korac-Kakabadse).
23. The Future of Workplace Diversity in the New Millennium (Tony Montes and Graham Shaw).