Part 1 The Framework.
Chapter 1 An Introduction to Information-Development Management.
Chapter 2 The Information Process Maturity Model.
Part 2 Portfolio Management.
Chapter 3 Introduction to Portfolio Management.
Chapter 4 Managing an Information-Development Budget.
Chapter 5 Understanding the Technology Adoption Life Cycle.
Chapter 6 Developing Relationships with Customers and Stakeholders.
Chapter 7 Developing User Scenarios.
Chapter 8 Optimizing Your Organization’s Efficiency and Effectiveness.
Chapter 9 Supporting Process Improvements with Effective Tools.
Chapter 10 Developing Effective Teams.
Chapter 11 Managing Your Team Resources.
Chapter 12 Developing as an Effective Leader.
Chapter 13 Promoting Innovation in Information Development.
Part 3 Project Management.
Chapter 14 An Introduction to Project Management.
Chapter 15 Starting Your Project.
Chapter 16 Planning Your Information Development Project.
Chapter 17 Implementing a Topic Architecture.
Chapter 18 Keeping Your Project on Track.
Chapter 19 Managing as the Project Changes.
Chapter 20 Managing in a Collaborative Environment.
Chapter 21 Managing Quality Assurance.
Chapter 22 Managing Localization and Translation.
Chapter 23 Managing Production and Delivery.
Chapter 24 Evaluating the Project.
- This new title will be positioned as the successor to Managing Your Documentation Projects--a completely new look at best practices for all phases of the document development lifecycle, including:
- Estimating writing schedules
- Evaluating user requirements
- Creating a project plan and creating project standards
- Creating content specifications
- Creating a tracking system
- Quality assurance
- Developing prototypes
- Managing production, inlcuding indexing, copyeditng, localization
- Evaluating results