1. Crystallographic and Microstructural Considerations.
2. Chemical Energetics and Atomistics of Reactions and Transformations in Solids.
3. Solid - Vapor Reactions.
4. Solid - Liquid Reactions.
5. Solid - Solid Reactions.
6. Nanomaterials Synthesis.
7. Materials Fabrication.
Appendix A1: General Mechanical Engineering Terms.
Appendix A2: Green Materials Synthesis and Processing.
- Provides the crystallographic, thermodynamic, and kinetic background necessary to effectively use the synthetic techniques covered
- Covers materials fabrication, a topic often left out of traditional solid state and materials chemistry texts
- Acknowledging the connections between chemistry, physics, and materials science, the text uses a highly interdisciplinary approach to understanding the chemical synthesis and fabrication of inorganic materials
- Includes many worked examples, ideal for the student
- Contains extensive references to the literature for further study
- Contains short biographies of the most prominent contributors to the field in the 20th century
- Based on courses taught at Gonzaga University and Virginia Commonwealth University