DescriptionThis is the nineteenth in the most prestigious series of annual volumes in the field of industrial and organizational psychology. The series provides authoritative and integrative reviews of the key literature of industrial psychology and organizational behaviour. The chapters are written by established experts and topics are carefully chosen to reflect the major concerns in the research literature and in current practice.
This volume provides both reviews and current updates of research in familiar areas, such as Learning and Development at Work, Creating Healthy Workplaces, Empowerment and Performance, and Team Effectiveness. Newer topics are also included, such as Virtual Teams, the Workplace Experiences of Lesbian and Gay Employees, and Identification in Organizational Contexts. Each chapter offers a comprehensive and critical survey of the chosen topic, and each is supported by a valuable bibliography. For advanced students, academics, and researchers, as well as professional psychologists and managers, this remains the most authoritative and current guide to developments and established knowledge in the field of industrial and organizational psychology.
List of Contributors.
1. Empowerment and Performance (Toby D. Wall, Stephen J. Wood, and Desmond J. Leach).
2. 25 Years of Team Effectiveness in Organizations: Research Themes and Emerging Needs (Eduardo Salas, Kevin C. Stagl, and C. Shawn Burke).
3. Creating Healthy Workplaces: The Supervisor’s Role (Brad Gilbreath).
4. Work Experience: A Review and Research Agenda (Miguel A. Quiñones).
5. Workplace Experiences of Lesbian and Gay Employees: A Review of Current Research (Brian Welle and Scott B. Button).
6. My Job is My Castle: Identification in Organizational Contexts (Rolf van Dick).
7. Virtual Teams: Collaborating across Distance (Carolyn M. Axtell, Steven J. Fleck, and Nick Turner).
8. Learning at Work: Training and Development (Sabine Sonnentag, Cornelia Niessen, and Sandra Ohly).
Contents of Previous Volumes.