DescriptionIntroducing Physical Geography, 6th Edition is known for its clear writing, distinctive photos and illustrations and a strong supplements program. The text continues its tradition as a great book to help non-science readers visualize and understand earth processes and learn the basic language of physical geography. The new edition features a strengthened "Eye on Global Change" coverage and coverage of the geographers tool box.
Intro Pt 1: Introducing Physical Geography
Intro Pt 2: Tools of Physical Geography
Chapter 1 The Earth as a Rotating Planet
Chapter 2 The Earth’s Global Energy Balance
Chapter 3 Air Temperature
Chapter 4 Atmospheric Moisture and Precipitation
Chapter 5 Winds and the Global Circulation
Chapter 6 Weather Systems
Chapter 7 Global Climates
Chapter 8 Biogeographic Processes
Chapter 9 Global Biogeography
Chapter 10 Global Soils
Chapter 11 Earth from Inside Out
Chapter 12 Plate Tectonics, Earthquakes, and Volcanoes
Chapter 13 Weathering and Mass Wasting
Chapter 14 Fresh Water of the Continents
Chapter 15 Landforms Made by Running Water
Chapter 16 Landforms Made by Waves and Wind
Chapter 17 Glacial Landforms and the Ice Age
App 1 Climate Definitions and Boundaries
App 2 Conversion Factors
App 3 Topographic Map Symbols
- New media including animations and videos.
- New photos and illustrations.
- Updated data on climate change.
- Eye on the Landscape feature revised and now more enhanced for students.
- Putting you in the Picture features involve the student and personalize the study of geography.
- The Visualization theme uses illustrations, word pictures, and multimedia to help students form lasting visual images of the processes of physical geography.