2. Fundamentals of Light and Matter.
3. Basics of Biology.
4. Fundamentals of Light-Matter Interactions.
5. Principles of Lasers, Current Laser Technology, and Nonlinear Optics.
7. Bioimaging: Principles and Techniques.
8. Bioimaging: Applications.
9. Optical Biosensors.
10. Microarray Technology for Genomics and Proteomics.
11. Flow Cytometry.
12. Light-Activated Therapy: Photodynamic Therapy.
13. Tissue Engineering with Light.
14. Laser Tweezers and Laser Scissors.
15. Nanotechnology for Biophotonics: Bionanophotonics.
16. Biomaterials for Photonics.
"The author has provided a wonderful resource, and created a must have book for those interested in the field of biophotonics." (Annals of Biomedical Engineering, September 2004)
"Prasad has what it take to assemble a survey of the fundamentals and applications in a manner that is undoubtedly of interest to not only 'those involved in health, safety, and environmental disciplines' but also to basic scientists and engineers." (Journal of the American Chemical Society, Sept 29, 2004)
"…an interesting and very readable book that provides an excellent introduction to the field of biophotonics. The lucid discussion is complimented by numerous and helpful figures. I recommend it with enthusiasm." (The Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 7, March 2004)
"...provides an excellent and thorough introduction to the key areas of researchers. Even researchers who work in this field will be pleased with the thorough treatment...and gain an appreciation for how their research fits into the broader context...provides an excellent overview...that will be appreciated by undergraduates, graduate students, and researchers.... I recommend it with enthusiasm." (The Quarterly Review of Biology)
- Provides a much-needed overview of an emerging discipline
- Integrates coverage of several fields, including biochemistry, optics, spectroscopy, and medicine