DescriptionKnown for its clear problem-solving methodology and it emphasis on design, as well as the quality and quantity of its problem sets, Introduction to Electric Circuits, Ninth Edition by Dorf and Svoboda will help readers to think like engineers. Abundant design examples, design problems, and the How Can We Check feature illustrate the texts focus on design. The 9th edition continues the expanded use of problem-solving software such as PSpice and MATLAB. WileyPLUS sold separately from text.
CHAPTER 1 Electric Circuit Variables 1
CHAPTER 2 Circuit Elements 20
CHAPTER 3 Resistive Circuits 53
CHAPTER 4 Methods of Analysis of Resistive Circuits 114
CHAPTER 5 Circuit Theorems 169
CHAPTER 6 The Operational Amplifier 219
CHAPTER 7 Energy Storage Elements 268
CHAPTER 8 The Complete Response of RL and RC Circuits 322
CHAPTER 9 The Complete Response of Circuits with Two Energy Storage Elements 378
CHAPTER 10 Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis 425
CHAPTER 11 AC Steady-State Power 504
CHAPTER 12 Three-Phase Circuits 568
CHAPTER 13 Frequency Response 604
CHAPTER 14 The Laplace Transform 670
CHAPTER 15 Fourier Series and Fourier Transform 741
CHAPTER 16 Filter Circuits 804
CHAPTER 17 Two-Port and Three-Port Networks 840
APPENDIX A Getting Started with PSpice 865
APPENDIX B MATLAB, Matrices, and Complex Arithmetic 873
APPENDIX C Mathematical Formulas 885
APPENDIX D Standard Resistor Color Code 889
- Major update of Chapter 10, Sinusoidal Steady-State Analysis.
- Expanded use of problem-solving software PSpice and MATLAB.
- More end-of-chapter problems coded in WileyPLUS. The WileyPLUS online learning environment contains hundreds of problems with randomized variables, supporting student practice and faculty assessment of student progress and challenges.
- 180 Worked examples across all chapters in the text are also coded as WileyPLUS algorithmic problems, so students can practice on variations of the same approach demonstrated in the text.
- 140 new problems and 30 new examples have been added to the text.
- Presents a thorough overview of circuit theory and design that develops students’ ability to “think like an engineer.”
- Over 1300 problems including: basic analysis problems, compare and contrast problems, multipart problems, MATLAB and PSpice problems, and design problems.
- Each chapter concludes with a design example that uses a formal, five-step problem solving methodology.
- “How Can We Check” sections, teach students to assess their own work for correctness, and are included in each chapter.
- More than 260 illustrative examples demonstrate multiple approaches to solving similar problems.
- The WileyPLUS learning environment provides robust resources for self-evaluation of student progress and assessment of learning outcomes.