Introduction to Finance: Markets, Investments, and Financial Management, 16th Edition
DescriptionTRY (FREE for 14 days), OR RENT this title: www.wileystudentchoice.com
The Sixteenth Edition of Introduction to Finance: Markets, Investments, and Financial Management is now available as an enhanced e-text with new interactive figures for students. This title builds upon the successes of its earlier editions while maintaining a fresh and up-to-date coverage of the field of finance. Distinguished authors Ron Melicher and Edgar Norton continue to cover the three major financial areas: institutions and markets, investments, and financial management. Their effective structure equips instructors with maximum flexibility for how the course is taught, and provides students with an integrated perspective of the different foundations of finance. This survey of the basic knowledge, concepts, and terms of finance is appropriate for all students.
- Interactive Figures Integrated within the e-text, interactive figures provide a visual and engaging explanation of key concepts, making them come alive.
- Challenge Problem Worksheets Integrated within end of chapter materials as a downloadable resource to help students complete homework problems.
- Concept Check Questions Self-study questions within the e-text allow students to check their understanding per learning objective.
- Discussion Questions Each chapter contains three or four discussion questions that can be used in class, assigned to students, or used by the instructor on learning management systems.
- Business Ethics Coverage Covers a wide range of situations from clearly illegal, unethical behavior (insider trading) to less clear situations.
- Boxed Features Include Small Business Practice, Personal Financial Planning, and Career Opportunities in Finance to illustrate industry practices.
- International Finance and Trade Updated information on the European Union membership and the Eurozone countries that have adopted the Euro.
- Features a Real Firm – Walgreens, the retail drugstore chain – in many of the chapters on investments and financial management.
- Continued business ethics coverage. Covers a wide range of situations from clearly illegal, unethical behavior (insider trading) to less clear situations.
- Global Focus. Covers how monetary systems differ worldwide, how foreign exchange rates work, and what causes them to change.
- Spreadsheet Illustrations show how to set up spreadsheets to perform basic financial analysis and explains how to use various Excel functions.
- Boxed Features include Small Business Practice, Personal Financial Planning, and Career Opportunities in Finance to illustrate practices in finance.