ISBN: 978-0-471-38366-6 November 2000 448 Pages
Download Product Flyer
Suitable for an introductory course on Internet programming. Course can be found in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, and Management Information Systems departments.
Table of contents
Transactions on the Web.
Controlling Text Markup.
Hypertext Markup and Web Sites.
HTML Lists and Tables.
Processing User Input.
Introduction to Processing HTML Forms.
Options in HTML Forms.
Loops for Repetition.
More on Arrays.
More on Functions.
- Platform Independent. Students can use virtually any type of computer to apply concepts.
- Coverage includes the basics of web server accounts. Strategies for maintaining and updating a web site on a server.
- Student Learning Tools. Each of the eighteen lessons feature summaries, review questions and exercises. Exercises feature both stand-alone exercises, and two project threads that run throughout the text. Project threads guide students through the construction of a structured web site.
- Optional Sections. Optional sections provide an extra challenge for more advanced students.
- Robust Website Support. Website contains:
- All examples and figures from the text for use in classroom demonstrations.
- References to many online materials, such as freeware and shareware applications.
- Some exercises are inextricably bound to the website.