Completely revised and updated, the fourth edition of this classic text continues to offer the reader a thorough understanding of viscoelastic behavior, essential for the proper utilization of polymers.
- Explains principles, corresponding equations, and experimental methods with supporting real-life applications
- Adds coverage of measurement techniques (nano-indentation, atomic force microscopy (AFM), and diffusing wave spectroscopy (DWS)), biopolymer viscoelasticity, and the relationship between mechanical polymer properties and viscoelastic functions
- Has two new ections to address modern areas of viscoelastic measurement: large amplitude oscillatory shear (LAOS) and microrheology
- Includes problems in the text and an Instructor’s Manual (including solutions) available for adopting professors
- Prior edition reviews: "The book is clear written and…[is] appropriate for students in introductory undergraduate courses and for others wanting introduction to the fundamentals of the subject." (CHOICE, December 2005); "This book is invariably well written, logically organized and easy to follow...I highly recommend this book to anyone studying polymer viscoelasticity." (Polymer News, December 2005)