1. Why Study Dinosaurs?.
2. Overview of Scientific Methods.
3. History of Dinosaur Studies.
4. Paleontology and Geology as Sciences.
5. Dinosaur Anatomy and Classification.
6. Dinosaur Evolution.
7. Dinosaur Taphonomy.
8. Dinosaur Physiology.
14. Dinosaur Ichnology.
15. Birds as Dinosaurs.
16. Dinosaur Extinctions.
- Highly accessible introduction to dinosaurs places scientific method at the crux of the studies
- Intended for both majors and non majors; balances scientific rigor with real world examples
- New edition includes updates on recent finds and an increased coverage of evolution and physiology
- Features end of chapter discussion questions, easy reference glossary, new references at the end of each chapter, and high-quality, full color figures and photographs throughout