DescriptionIntroductory Statistics, 9th Edition is written for a one or two semester first course in applied statistics and is intended for students who do not have a strong background in mathematics. The only prerequisite is knowledge of elementary algebra. Introductory Statistics is known for its realistic examples and exercises, clarity and brevity of presentation, and soundness of pedagogical approach.
2. Organizing and Graphing Data
3. Numerical Descriptive Measures
5. Discrete Random Variables and Their Probability Distribution
6. Continuous Random Variables and the Normal Distribution
7. Sampling Distributions
8. Estimation of the Mean and Proportion
9. Hypothesis Tests About the Mean and Proportion
10. Estimation and Hypothesis Testing: Two Populations
11. Chi-Square Tests
12. Analysis of Variance
13. Simple Linear Regression
14. Multiple Regression
15. Nonparametric Methods
A. Explanation of Data Sets
B. Statistical Tables
• ORION Refresher Module: An adaptive practice to master algebra skills providesstudents with a personalized study plan to master concepts prior to the course, allowing for instructors to focus class time on Introductory Statistics.
•New Video Program: Videos reviewing key concepts will be available for each text
•New Exercises: A large number of the examples and exercises are new or revised,providing contemporary and varied ways for students to practice statistical concepts, including updated Uses and Misuses sections as well as Decide for Yourself sections.
•Case Studies: All case studies are new or revised, drawing on current uses of statistics in areas of student interest.
•Updated Technology Instruction sections: These sections have been updated tosupport the use of the latest versions of TI-94/85+, Minitab, and Excel. The Technology Assignments are all either new or have been updated.
•Industry-leading support from WileyPLUS with ORION:Resources and personal support are available from the first day of class onward through technical support; WileyPLUS account managers; WileyPLUS with QuickStart; and WileyPLUS Student Partner Program.
•Thorough Examples: A wealth of examples that cover a wide variety of relevanttopics, based on real data taken from government and private data sources and reports, newspapers, magazines, and professional journals.
•Enlightening Pedagogy: Effective markers and aids for students including: marginnotes for examples; diagrams; highlighted key definitions; and cautions about potential trouble spots that commonly caused errors.