- A large number of the examples, case studies and exercises are new or revised, providing contemporary and varied ways for students to practice statistical concepts.
- Factorials, combinations, and permutations have been moved from Chapter 5 to Section 4.3 of Chapter 4.
- New chapter opening images and questions incorporate real data in familiar situations.
- New data are integrated throughout, reinforcing the vibrancy of statistics and the relevance of statistics to student lives right now.
- The Technology Instruction sections have been updated to support the use of the latest versions of the TI-84/84+, Minitab, and Excel.
- Technology Assignments, Uses and Misuses sections and Decide for Yourself sections at the end of each chapter are either new or have been updated.
- The data sets posted on the book companion Web site and WileyPLUS have also been updated.
- Thorough Examples: The text contains a wealth of examples that cover a wide variety of relevant topics. A large number are based on real data taken from government and private data sources and reports, newspapers, magazines and professional journals. A clear, concise solution (in a step-by-step format) follows each problem presented in an example. Enlightening Pedagogy: Effective markers and aids for students include margin notes for examples, diagrams, highlighted key definitions, and cautions about potential trouble spots that commonly cause errors.
- Case Studies appear in almost all chapters to provide additional illustrations of the applications of statistics in research and statistical analysis.