1. An Introduction to Invasion Ecology.
2. Transport Vectors and Pathways.
3. Trends in Numbers of Invaders.
6. Establishment Success: The Influence of Biotic Interactions.
7. Modeling the Geographical Spread of Invasive Species.
8. Ecological Processes and the Spread of Non-Native Species.
9. Ecological Impacts of Invasive Species.
10. Impact Synthesis.
11. Evolution of Invaders.
12. Prediction, Risk Assessment, and Management of Species Invasions.
- A comprehensive introduction to all aspects of biological invasion by non-native species.
- Highlights important research findings associated with each stage of invasion.
- Provides an overview of the invasion process from transportation patterns and causes of establishment success to ecological impacts, invader management, and post-invasion evolution.
- Provides a synthesis of recent developments in the dynamics of non-native species and their adverse effects on native biota and human economies.