Part-philosophy, part-business strategy and part-biography, Investment Legends provides fascinating insight into the key ingredients required for successful investing, as explored through the experiences and tips of fifteen of the world’s leading investors.
Drawing on his forty years in the business, leading Financial Review journalist, Barrie Dunstan has travelled the globe interviewing the cast of characters in this book. Throwing the net far and wide, Dunstan’s subjects include those virtually born into the business, such as Barton Biggs and Peter Bernstein, as well as others who came to investment via the card tables at Las Vegas or the ski slopes of Switzerland. Each interview provides insights about the legends - who are they, how do they think about investment, what do they believe is most important, why these beliefs matter, and when they might change their mind.
In this captivating book, you’ll get to meet some of the world’s leading lights in the investment world. Share in their secrets to success, and follow their dramatic journeys, led by the guiding hand of wise and insightful author, Barrie Dunstan.
1. The Chronicler and Historian (Peter Bernstein)
2. The Literary Investor (Barton Biggs).
3. Staying the Course (John C. Bogle).
4. Calm and Balance (Anthony Bolton).
5. The Corporate Raider (Sir Ron Brierley).
6. Analytical Perspicacity (Gary Brinson).
7. The Prodigies (Warren Buffet and Charles Munger).
8. The Optimist (Abby Joseph Cohen).
9. The Teacher (Ray Dalio).
10. The Contrarian (Marc Faber).
11. The Admired Manager (David Fisher).
12. The Articulate Pessimist (Jeremy Grantham).
13. The card Counter (Bill Gross).
14. The Nicest Guy in the Business (Martin Leibowitz).
15. The Early Adopter (Lewis Sanders).