It's a Baby Boy!: The Unique Wonders and Special Nature of Your Son From Pregnancy to Two Years
DescriptionVery practical science-based tips and guidelines, and stories for moms and dads of baby boys. Including:
- Why we need a book just about boys. The very different health issues, genetic predisposition, hard wiring, neurological and biological development of boys from conception that relates to birth issues and unique strengths and weaknesses.
- How to understand the core nature of your boy and nourish it through problems of crying, fussing, eating, sleeping, attaching and other key issues during the first 12 months of life.
- Warm hearted stories about boys and tips from real moms who have baby boys, and a preview of what's to come for boys as they become toddlers, preschool kids, pre-pubescent and beyond.
Introduction: It's a Baby Boy!
1. The Boy Inside You.
2. His First Year.
3. Gazing into the Future: Toddler and Preschool Boys.
4. A Baby Boy Is a Family Affair! Circles of Support
Resources for Parents of Boys.
The Gurian Institute.
About the Authors.
""It's a Baby Boy! is a comprehensive, easy to read book for parents that explains the basic structure, functioning and uniquenesses of the male brain. If you are raising a baby boy, you need to read this book!""-- Stephen J. Bavolek, Ph.D., author Nurturing Parenting Programs, Executive Director, Family Nurturing Centers, International
""It's a Baby Boy! is a very readable, model-specific manual that provides gems of research and insight from experienced parents and medical professionals. If you are preparing for a new baby boy or have a friend or relative with a son, this book will be a delight.""--Lynne H. Williams, MD, Co-Author, The Too Precious Child
""IT’S A BABY BOY! is thoughtfully research-based, yet perceptively practical for any parent who has just been blessed by the gift of a boy. Parents will close the book truly understanding why boys and girls are different in so many ways, and how to nurture the nature of their son."" --Fay E. Brown, Ph.D. Director, Child and Adolescent Development, Yale University
""It’s a Baby Boy! is a must-have addition to the parenting library, with fascinating information about how and why baby boys and girls develop the differences that often baffle adults.""-- Pat Crum, Director and co-Founder of the Family Nurturing Center of Michigan