Vol 1(3 Issues in 2017 )
Online ISSN: 2473-4039
Digital version available through Wiley Online Library
JBMR® Plus aims to accelerate the research into bone biology that has underpinned the recent innovative and targeted therapeutic advances in bone, mineral and musculoskeletal research. The NIH-mandated needs for reproducibility and excellence in study design, as well as those for open access, will also be well served by JBMR® Plus.
The recent growth in interdisciplinary research involving endocrinology, geriatrics, orthopedics, and rheumatology also provides a timely opportunity to develop JBMR® Plus, which is designed to serve all members of this multidisciplinary field by publishing urgent research of the highest quality and impact.
JBMR® Plus will publish original research, reviews, detailed protocols and methods, and special articles in basic, translational, and clinical science relevant to bone, musculoskeletal metabolism, and regenerative medicine research. We welcome research on osteoimmunology, as well as research on fat, muscle, cartilage, and kidney interactions with bone. Clinical studies, including trials and observational studies, and epidemiology and pharmacoepidemiology studies are encouraged. JBMR® Plus also welcomes manuscripts on orthopedics, stem cell therapies, specialized biomechanics protocols, novel imaging techniques, and big data.
As a sister Journal to the JBMR® , we will also be able to access a remarkable pool of experienced, expert reviewers who have made the JBMR® the most highly regarded international Journal in bone and mineral research. Such support allows us to make JBMR® Plus a rapidly responsive and innovative home for new discoveries that will ultimately improve global musculoskeletal health.
JBMR® Plus publishes the following types of manuscripts:
- Original Articles. Original Articles should be written in 12-point Times Roman text, including the text of the manuscript, references, figures, figure legends, tables, and table footnotes.
- Clinical Trials. Manuscripts reporting clinical trials should be written in 12-point Times Roman text, including the text of the manuscript, references, figures, figure legends, tables, and table footnotes.
- Short Reports. Short Reports are brief descriptions of a focused study, the subject of which is especially timely or of high impact. Such communications should be limited to 1,500–1,800 words of 12-point Times Roman text and include no more than two supporting figures or tables and 20 references.
- Case Reports & Clinical Vignettes. Case Reports and Clinical Vignettes are discrete articles (1,500–1,800 words) that provide highly significant new insights into the pathophysiology of disorders of bone, muscle, and mineral metabolism and/or highlight new practical diagnostic/therapeutic considerations.
- Letters to the Editor. JBMR Plus® welcomes Letters to the Editor that contribute constructively and substantively to scientific dialogue. Letters concern timely and important issues raised in articles recently published in JBMR Plus® and should be no more than 900 words (12-point Times Roman). Note that JBMR Plus® only considers Letters to the Editor that comment on papers previously published in the Journal and letters may not contain unpublished data.
- Reviews and Mini-Reviews (Perspectives). JBMR Plus® publishes Reviews and Perspectives (Mini-Reviews) on topics selected by the editors. Reviews are approximately 6,000 words in length and Perspectives are approximately 2,800 words. Unsolicited reviews are rarely published. Authors should not submit Reviews or Perspectives without first contacting