PART I: ORGANIZATION.
1. Business Organization.
2. Tax Year and Accounting Methods
3. Recordkeeping for Business Income and Deductions.
PART II: BUSINESS INCOME AND LOSSES.
4. Income or Loss from Business Operations.
5. Capital Gains and Losses.
6. Gains and Losses from Sales of Business Property.
PART III: BUSINESS DEDUCTIONS AND CREDITS.
7. Employee Compensation: Salary, Wages, and Employee Benefits.
8. Travel and Entertainment Expenses.
9. Car and Truck Expenses.
10. Repairs and Maintenance.
11. Bad Debts.
13. Taxes and Interest.
14. First-Year Expensing, Depreciation, Amortization, and Depletion.
15. Advertising Expenses.
16. Retirement Plans.
17. Casualty and Theft Losses.
18. Home Office Deductions.
19. Medical Coverage.
20. Deductions for Farmers.
21. Domestic Production, Activit Deduction.
22. Miscellaneous Business Deductions.
23. Roundup of Tax Credits.
PART IV: TAX PLANNING FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS.
24. Income and Deduction Strategies.
25. Tax Strategies for Opening or Closing a Business.
26. Alternative Minimum Tax.
27. Other Taxes.
28. Online Filing Information.
Appendix: Information Returns.