DescriptionFor the first time, this collection brings together a selection of philosophically challenging interpretations of Kierkegaard's thought in a coherent critique of his own philosophy.
1. Philosophy after Kierkegaard. Paul Ricoeur.
2. Existence and Ethics. Emmanuel Levinas.
3. Kierkegaard on Death and Dying. Wilhelm Anz.
4. Thinking God in the wake of Kierkegaard. David Wood.
5. The Eyes of Argus: The Point of View and points of view on Kierkegaard's work as an author. Joakim Garff.
6. The wound of negativity: two Kierkegaard texts. George Steiner.
7. Kierkegaard and the Novel. Gabriel Josipovici.
8. We are not sublime: Love and sacrifice, Abraham and ourselves. Sylviane Agacinski.
9. Whom to give to (knowing not to know). Jacques Derrida.
Kierkegaard's publications and their authors: a chronology.
* Includes contributions from Emmanuel Levinas, Paul Ricoeur, George Steiner, David Wood, Sylviane Agacinski, Jacques Derrida, Joakim Garff, Gabriel Josipovici, and Wilhelm Anz.
* Incorporates a full chronological list of Kierkegaard's publications.