Knowledge to Support the Teaching of Reading: Preparing Teachers for a Changing World
DescriptionBasic reading proficiency is key to success in all content areas, but attending to students’ literacy development remains a challenge for many teachers, especially after the primary grades. Knowledge to Support the Teaching of Reading presents recommendations for the essential knowledge about the development, acquisition, and teaching of language and literacy skills that teachers need to master and use. This important book is one result of an initiative of the National Academy of Education's Committee on Teacher Education, whose members have been charged with the task of creating a core knowledge base for teacher education.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Knowledge to Support the Teaching of Reading: Preparing Teachers for a Changing World
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
National Academy of Education’s Reading Sub-Committee Members.
About the Authors.
1. Yet Another Report About Teacher Education?
2. Students Change: What Are Teachers to Learn About Reading Development?
3. Students Vary: How Can Teachers Address All Their Needs?
4. Students Encounter Difficulties: When Teachers Need Specialized Knowledge.
5. Learning to Use Reading Assessments Wisely.
6. A Model of Professional Growth in Reading Education.
- The definitive guide to reading & literacy preparation for teacher education
- A companion to Preparing Teachers for a Changing World, also from the National Academy of Education
- Catherine Snow is an internationally-renowned authority on language and literacy development in children
- The recommendations in this book will continue to be widely adopted.