DescriptionA thorough introduction to the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) technology.
The first part of this book offers a detailed overview of the real world applications of the technology. This is followed by an explanation of the technical details of LDAP and a step-by-step demonstration of how to implement an LDAP directory. The book's structure is designed to span the project manager and the specialist IT team and provide each with an understanding of the other's position.
Proposes a methodology to help you implement this technology
Includes a detailed case study: a global enterprise directory for an extranet
Covers all compatible LDAP tools and explores the development of LDAP applications
What is the Aim of this Book?
Structure of the Book.
For Whom is this Book Intended?
PART 1: DIRECTORIES AND THEIR APPLICATIONS.
1. Directories Overview.
2. The History of Directories and an Introduction to LDAP.
3. LDAP Directories and Their Applications.
PART 2: THE LDAP STANDARD.
4. LDAP Standard and its Client-Server Model.
5. The LDAP Models.
6. LDAP Interfaces and the Future of the Standard.
PART 3: THE DESIGN PHASE.
7. Functional Design.
8. Technical Design.
9. LDAP Tools and Applications.
10. Case Studies.
11. The Life Cycle of a Corporate Directory.
PART 4: EXAMPLES OF CODE.
12. Examples of Code in C and C++.
13. Examples of ADSI Implementation.