Introduction: Labor Economics and the Political Economy of Labor.
Part I: Labor Demand and Supply:.
1. Labor Supply.
2. Labor Demand.
3. Perfectly Competitive Labor Markets.
4. Imperfectly Competitive Labor Markets.
Part II: The Labor Exchange:.
5. The Structure of Labor Exchange.
6. Strategic Labor Exchange.
7. Bargaining in Labor Exchange.
8. Imperfect Contracting in Labor Exchange.
Part III: The Employment Relationship:.
9. The Nature of the Employment Relationship.
10. Employee Compensation and Incentive Provision.
11. Employment Continuity and Internal Labor Markets.
12. Employee Representation in the Workplace.
Part IV: Labor Market Divisions:.
13. Wages and Working Conditions.
14. Education and Ability.
15. Employee Characteristics and Discrimination.
16. Employer Characteristics and Market Segmentation.
Part V: Labor in the Market System:.
17. Earnings Inequality.
19. Labor Market Dynamics.