DescriptionThis student-friendly, interactive lab manual presents activities and experiments that enhance students’ ability to both visualize and understand physical geographic topics. In a clear and concise tone, the manual requires students to first apply information they learned and then to critically evaluate the information.
The fully-updated 2nd edition includes new artwork and images as well as 14 new exercises on the following topics:
· Global Positioning System
· Maps in the Digital Age
· Satellite Images
· Earth's Energy Balance
· The Greenhouse Effect
· Global Warming
· Latent Heating
· Predicting Weather With Models
· Digital Forecasts
· Regional climate Change
· Agricultural productivity
· Water resources and agriculture
· Pacific ring of fire from satellite
· Rotation of the Earth's inner core
- Minimal text. The author keeps descriptive text at a minimum, giving students more time to perform experiments, answer questions and write up lab reports.
- Self-contained Lab Units. All pedagogical features are complete for each Unit, including Lab Reports. This helps students focus on the topics learned in that lab.