Land-Value Taxation Around the World: Studies in Economic Reform and Social Justice, 3rd Edition
DescriptionAndelson has provided an interdisciplinary, international collection of essays, which has been in the making for twenty years. This is not a book on the history of economic thought but rather a book about the theory and practice of land reform and an historical summary of efforts to apply land value taxation in different countries around the world.
Preface and Acknowledgements: Robert V. Andelson.
Introduction: Robert V. Andelson.
Part I: The Ancient and Medieval World:.
1. Mesopotamia and Classical Antiquity: Michael Hudson.
2. European Feudalism from its Emergence through it's Decline: Kenneth Jupp.
Part II: The Americas:.
3. Argentina: Fernando Scornik Gerstein.
4. Canada: Garry B. Nixon.
5. Chile: John Strasma.
6. Colombia: Fernanda Furtado.
7. Jamaica and Other Caribbean States: John M. Copes and Walter Rybeck.
8. Mexico: Manuel Perlo Cohen.
9. The United States: Walter Rybeck.
Part III: Europe:.
10. Denmark: Ole Lefmann and Karsten K. Larsen.
11. Estonia: Aivar Tomson.
12. Finland: Pekka Virtanen.
13. Germany: Jurgen G. Backhaus.
14. Great Britain: Owen Connellan and Nathaniel Lichfield.
15. Hungary: Balazs Konya.
Part IV: Africa:.
16. Nations of Eastern Africa: Rexford A. Ahene.
17. Republic of South Africa: Godfrey R. A. Dunkley.
Part V: Asia:.
18. Abu Dhabi: Robert V. Andelson.
19. Republic of China (Taiwan): Alven H. S. Lam.
20. Hong Kong and Singapore: Sock-Yong Phang.
21. Japan: Y. Yamasaki and Robert V. Andelson.
22. Kiao-chau: V. G. Peterson and Tseng Hsiao.
23. Republic of Korea (South Korea): Tai-Il Lee.
24. Papau New Guinea: H. J. Manning and Ciaran O'Faircheallaigh.
Part VI: The Antipodes:.
25. Australia: Geoffrey A. Forster.
26. New Zealand: Robert D. Keall.
- Discusses the theory and practice of land reform and an historical summary of efforts to apply land value taxation in different countries around the world.
- First title in the series "Studies in Economic Reform and Social Justice," sponsored by The American Journal of Economics and Sociology.
- Author has served as president of the International Union for Land-Value Taxation and Free Trade.