1. Introduction to the Lanthanides.
2. The Lanthanides – Principles and Energetics.
3. The Lanthanide Elements and Simple Binary Compounds.
4. Coordination Chemistry of the Lanthanides.
5. Electronic and Magnetic Properties of the Lanthanides.
6. Organometallic Chemistry of the Lanthanides.
7. The Misfits: Scandium, Yttrium, and Promethium.
8. The Lanthanides and Scandium in Organic Chemistry.
9. Introduction to the Actinides.
10. Binary Compounds of the Actinides.
11. Coordination Chemistry of the Actinides.
12. Electronic and Magnetic Properties of the Actinides.
13. Organometallic Chemistry of the Actinides.
14. Synthesis of the Transactinides and their Chemistry.
"If you are looking for a…comprehensive reference on the descriptive chemistry of the lanthanides and actinides for use in a graduate level course or for your personal library, this is a good choice." (Journal of Chemical Education, September 2006)
- The author has a long experience in teaching this field of chemistry
- Lanthanides have become very common elements in research and technology applications and this book offers the basic knowledge
- The book offers insights into a vast range of applications, from lasers to synthesis.