List of Contributors.
1. Laser scanning – evolution of the discipline Andrew R.G. Large & G.L. Heritage.
2. Principles of 3D laser scanning G.L. Heritage & Andrew R.G. Large.
3. Issues in laser scanning Seamus Coveney & Timothy McCarthy.
4. Airborne LiDAR: instrumentation, data acquisition and handling Bernard Devereux & Gabriel Amable.
5. Geostatisical analysis of LiDAR data Chris Brunsden.
6. General data issues, data quality and protocols David Hetherington.
7. Terrestrial laser scanning to derive surface grain size facies character of gravel bars Neil S. Entwistle & Ian C. Fuller.
8. Airborne Laser Scanning – Methods for processing and automatic feature extraction for natural as well as for artificial (man-made) objects Christoph Straub, Yungsheng Wang & Octavian Iercan.
9. Numerical modelling of 3D flow using spatially distributed datasets of topography and roughness at different grid resolutions David J. Milan.
10. Airborne LiDAR Measurements to Quantify Change in Sandy Beaches Michael J. Starek, K. Clint Slatton, Ramesh L. Shrestha & William E. Carter.
11. LiDAR in the Environmental sciences: Geological Applications David Hodgetts.
12. Using LiDAR in archaeological contexts: The English Heritage experience and lessons learned Simon Crutchley.
13. Airborne and terrestrial laser scanning for measuring vegetation canopy structure F.M. Danson, F. Morsdorf & B. Koetz.
14. Flood mapping and vegetation mapping in large river systems Ian C. Overton, Anders Siggins, John C. Gallant, David Penton & Guy Byrne.
15. Laser scanning surveying of linear features: considerations and applications Michael Lim, Jon Mills & Nicholas Rosser.
16. Laser scanning – the future Andrew R.G. Large, G.L. Heritage