Buy Both and Save 25%!
This item: Leadership Lessons From a Chef: Finding Time to Be Great
Cannot be combined with any other offers.
About the Author.
Chapter 1: What Makes You Tick?
Chapter 2: Testing the Kitchen Atmosphere.
Chapter 3: How Is Your Attitude?
Chapter 4: Build Your Leadership Team First.
Chapter 5: What Is Your Mission?
Chapter 6: The Principles That Guide Us.
Chapter 7: Program Survival: Living It!
Chapter 8: Educational Environment.
Chapter 9: Fostering Success.
Chapter 10: How to Get People to Want to Work for You.
Chapter 11: Hire Right the First Time.
Chapter 12: Incentive Programs.
Chapter 13: Discipline and Competition.
Chapter 14: Did You Listen Well the First Time?
Chapter 15: Forms to Help You.
Chapter 16: Why Do It?
Appendix A: Certificates and Forms.
Appendix B: Life and Work Tips from Chef Carroll.
Appendix C: A Collection of Quotations.
• Chef Carroll's formula for managing kitchen staffs—SEF: Scheduling, Empowering, and Follow up—and how the formula works in practice
• Take-away boxes that reinforce key points
• Chapters that progress logically, helping readers evaluate and refine their goals, develop a mission and principles, and implement these in a motivational and positive way
• Helpful forms for both greater efficiency and esprit de corps
• Inspiring quotations, as well as life and work tips from Chef Carroll
• Solid, practical ideas and that can be used immediately to motivate and develop an effective team environment in the kitchen
• Useful takeaway tips combined with real-life examples
• Straightforward management advice, providing students with a concise, no-nonsense guide to developing, motivating, and leading a kitchen staff