DescriptionMichael Gurian's trademark use of brain science in gender studies together with real life examples of what is currently happening in business leadership make this an important resource for businesses and organizations. It provides new vision and useful practical applications, helping women and men in the workplace become more effective and fulfilled, and ultimately helping businesses and business leaders realize increased profits. Through examples and case studies from companies like Kodak, Nike, Nintendo, Home Depot, Proctor & Gamble, Avon, and Disney, the book shows readers how ignoring gender diversity actually impedes the true potential of any business.
I: THE THEORY.
Gender Intelligence - The Natural Differences Between Men and Women.
1. Understanding the New Science of Gender Intelligence.
2. Understanding How the Male and Female Brain Work Differently.
3. Understanding How Men and Women Lead Differently.
II: FOUR GENDERTOOLS: PUTTING GENDER INTELLIGENCE TO WORK IMMEDIATELY.
4. GenderTool 1: Improving Your Negotiation Skills with Both Genders.
5. GenderTool 2: Running a Gender-Balanced Meeting.
6. GenderTool 3: Improving Your Communication Skills with Women and Men.
7. GenderTool 4: Improving Your Conflict Resolution Skills with Men and Women.
III: THE APPLICATIONS: ENSURING BALANCED LEADERSHIP IN MANAGEMENT.
8. Helping Women: Retaining, Motivating, and Working with Female Talent.
9. Helping Men: Recognizing Men's Leadership Strengths and Solving Issues Men Face.
10. GenderTool 5: Practicing Gender-Intelligent Mentoring and Coaching in Your Corporation.
Epilogue: The Future of Gender.
Notes and Resources.
Appendix: Gender/Brain Spectrum Surveys for Men and Women.
About the Authors.