1. Agilent Technologies: Global Leadership Training with an On-the-Job Focus (Teresa Roche and Cal Wick).
2. The Boppy Company: Optimizing a Global Workforce (Brian Wilkerson and Teresa Mead).
3. Colgate-Palmolive Company: Globally Valuing People (Donna B. McNamara, Mitra Chappell, and Robert S. Browning).
4. The Dow Chemical Company: Recognizing and Developing Top Talent (Robert E. Tucker and Marcia L. Thomas).
5. InterContinental Hotels Group: Aligning Leadership around a Single Global Strategy (Andrew Simpson and James Dowling).
6. Johnson & Johnson: Training Global Leaders for Supply Chain Innovation (Maya Hu-Chan, Charles Bergman, and Michael Frugé).
7. McDonald’s Corporation: Improving a Global Leadership Talent Development and Management System (James Intagliata, Neal Kulick, and Donald Crosby).
8. Motorola University: Transferring Skills through Strategic Alliance (Xiaozhen Yan and William J. Rothwell).
9. Pfizer Inc: A Behavior-Based Approach to Training Leaders in Transition (Betsy Blee, Joe Bonito, and Robert E. Tucker).
10. Tower Automotive, Inc.: Global Relocation of Technical Services (Kishen Kavikondala).
11. UNICEF: Globally Developing In-House Careers (Rudolph Messinger and William J. Rothwell).
12. Verizon Dominicana: Empowering Leadership Teams (Mark Sobol and Jorge Iván Ramírez).
13. Volvo: A Global Shared Learning Program for Three Brands (Nilou Sardari, Ulf Jeverstam, and Greg Zlevor).
14. Wyeth: Evolving Forms of Global Leadership Training and Follow-Up (Tim Fidler, Jeffrey Peris, and David Giber).
Appendix: About Linkage and the Summit.
About the Editors.
- BEST PRACTICES: This book provides a guide for organizations looking to achieve results in managing and sustaining a global workforce by providing 14 innovative best practice initiatives and programs in global leadership development, succession planning, cultural change, career transition, and change management.
- CASE STUDIES: drawn from 14 market leading companies: Agilent Technologies, The Boppy Company, Colgate-Palmolive, Dow Chemical, Intercontinental Hotels, Johnson & Johnson, McDonald's, Motorola, Pfizer, Tower Automotive, UNICEF, Verizon Dominicana, Volvo 3P, and Wyeth. Each case study includes a business strategy for the global system/initiative; a strong customer and employee focus; program design and implementation to fit the needs of the organization; feedback and analysis from participants of the global workforce program; performance results of the initiative