Description""The LESI Guide to Licensing Best Practices, to which I was proud to contribute, has found solid acceptance in the international licensing community. The new volume of Licensing Best Practices maintains this high standard. It was designed to be complementary to its predecessor and broadens the scope of the scholarship. Standing alone, Licensing Best Practices is a valuable source of contemporary information. In combination with The LESI Guide to Licensing Best Practices, we have a very valuable source of insights and practical knowledge.""
—Heinz Goddar Partner Boehmert & Boehmert
""Few if any other intellectual property references lay the required geographic foundation for the scientific, business, and legal issues presented. Goldscheider and Gordon demonstrate that tech transfer occurs in a global arena. The book lives up to its title: Licensing Best Practices.""
—James E. Malackowski President & CEO, Ocean Tomo, LLC past president, LES-USA & Canada
An invaluable complement to the field's acclaimed book on licensing best practices
Spanning the globe, from Scandinavia to Japan and Mexico to Korea, Licensing Best Practices provides a comprehensive and user-friendly resource for professionals in licensing and technology management. Featuring contributions from some of the most highly regarded LESI professionals, this definitive guide includes detailed discussions on some of the hottest topics in licensing, including:
- Licensing and Technology Transfer to China
- Software Licensing as a Driver of the Indian Economy
- Secrets of Successful Dealmaking in Asia
- Licensing in Scandinavia-Home of Entrepreneurial Inventors, Industrialists, and Philanthropists
- Global Innovation and Licensing Opportunities on the Internet
- Energy and Environment Driving Technology and Licensing
- Licensing Nanotechnology
- Assuring Royalty Compliance in High Technology Licensing
- Intellectual Property Allocation Strategies in Joint Ventures
- Applications of Game Theory to IP Royalty Negotiations
About the Editors.
PART 1: TERRITORIAL COMMENTARIES.
1. Licensing and Technology Transfer to China: A Roadmap.
2. Software Licensing as a Driver of the Indian Economy.
3. The Industrialization of Korea ( 1962 to 2002) from the Patenting and Licensing Perspective.
4. Japan on Its Way to Revitalization.
5. Secrets of Successful Dealmaking in Asia.
6. Modern Mexican Laws Governing Intellectual Property, Licensing, Antitrust, R&D, and Inventors Rights.
7. Licensing in Scandinavia: Home of Entrepreneurial Inventors, Industrialists, and Philanthropists.
PART 2: SCIENTIFIC ISSUES.
8. Global Innovation and Licensing Opportunities on the Internet.
9. Energy and the Environment: Driving Technology and Licensing.
10. Essentials of Licensing Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, and Other Cutting-Edge Technologies.
11. The Big Picture: nanotechnology Impacts Everyone.
12. Ensuring Royalty Compliance in High-Technology Licensing.
PART 3: BUSINESS, LEGAL, AND PROFESSIONAL ISSUES.
13. Licensing Challenges Encountered by a Multinational Law Firm.
14. Small Companies' View of Licensing.
15. Managing Intellectual Property Allocation in Joint Ventures.
16. Experience in Norway with Strategic Alliances as a Work Form When Commercializing Technology.
17. Application of Game Theory to Intellectual Property Royalty Negotiations.
18. Administration and Auditing of License Agreements to Promote Control and Harmony.
Suggested Reading List.