DescriptionHere's the book you need to prepare for CompTIA's Linux+ exam. This Study Guide was developed to meet the exacting requirements of today's certification candidates. In addition to the consistent and accessible instructional approach that has earned Sybex the "Best Study Guide" designation in the 2003 CertCities Readers Choice Awards, this book provides:
- Clear and concise information on setting up and administering a Linux system
- Practical examples and insights drawn from real-world experience
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a Linux-based testing engine and electronic flashcards for your Palm
You'll also find authoritative coverage of key exam topics, including:
- Hardware requirements
- User administration
- Package management
- Security fundamentals
- Shell scripting
- Administering Apache Web server
- Installing, updating, and removing drivers
- Understanding the Linux kernel
Look to Sybex for the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in today's competitive IT marketplace.
This book has been reviewed and approved as CompTIA Authorized Quality Curriculum (CAQC). Students derive a number of important study advantages with CAQC materials, including coverage of all exam objectives, implementation of important instructional design principles, and instructional reviews that help students assess their learning comprehension and readiness for the exam.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1 Planning the Implementation.
Chapter 2 Installing Linux.
Chapter 3 Software Management.
Chapter 4 Users and Security.
Chapter 5 Networking.
Chapter 6 Managing Files and Services.
Chapter 7 Managing Partitions and Processes.
Chapter 8 Hardware Issues.
Chapter 9 Troubleshooting.