DescriptionThis comprehensive, state-of-the-art review of both live/real time 3D transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography illustrates both normal and pathologic cardiovascular
findings. With more than 800 images that detail the technique of performing these studies and demonstrate various cardiovascular pathologies, as well as a DVD containing more than 350 moving images, it is a valuable compendium for both novice and experienced practitioners.
The book opens with chapters on the history of 3D echocardiography and basic and technical aspects of live/real time 3D transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiograpy, then considers:
- normal anatomy, examination protocols, and the technique for performing live/real time 3D transthoracic echocardiography
- abnormalities affecting the mitral, aortic, tricuspid, and pulmonary valves and the aorta
- prosthetic heart valves
- 3D echocardiographic assessment of left and right ventricular function, ischemic heart disease, and cardiomyopathies
- congenital cardiac lesions
- tumors and other mass lesions
- pericardial disorders
- live/real time 3D transesophageal echocardiography
It concludes with coverage of some of the most recent advances in 3D technology, real time full-volume imaging, and 3D wall tracking, including 3D assessment of strain, strain rate, twist, and torsion.
Vividly demonstrating the superiority of 3D echocardiography over conventional 2D imaging in several clinical situations, this carefully produced volume shows how to use the most recent technology for better assessment of cardiovascular disease.
2 3D Echocardiographic Technology.
3 Howtodoa3DEchocardiogram: Examination Protocol and Normal Anatomy.
5 Aortic Valve and Aorta.
6 Tricuspid and Pulmonary Valves.
7 Prosthetic Valves.
8 Left Ventricular and Right Ventricular Function Assessment.
9 Ischemic Heart Disease.
11 Congenital Heart Disease.
12 Tumors and Other Mass Lesions.
13 Pericardial Disorders.
14 Live/Real Time 3D Transesophageal Echocardiography
15 The Challenges of Volume Ultrasound: Real Time Full Volume Imaging.
16 3DWall Motion Tracking as the Ultimate Technology forWall Motion Analysis.
and transesophageal echocardiography illustrates both normal and pathologic cardiovascular findings . . . it is a valuable compendium for both novice and experienced practitioners." (Fr.quote.com, 21 October 2010)
“The book has a beautiful graphical design and an easy to follow text layout. Most still images are in high-quality color. DVD-based video clips are an extremely useful feature. I had no problem playing clips on the supplied DVD using Windows XP, Windows 7 or Mac OS 10…The clips are cross-referenced to appropriate book sections where readers can get in-depth descriptions of normal and pathological findings…Even an echocardiographer inexperienced in 3D ultrasound imaging will easily understand what is depicted in each clip since all relevant cardiac structures and important findings are clearly labeled…In summary, Live/Real-Time 3D Echocardiography by Dr. Nanda and colleagues should find place in the library of any modern echocardiographer interested in 3D imaging.” Muhamed Saric, MD, PhD , Associate Professor of Medicine and Director of Operations, Noninvasive Cardiology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, August 2010
● Looks at a growing area where the use of 3D echo is on the rise and there is currently little information
● Provides information to help cardiologists realize improved pre- and post-surgical planning, improved measurement of heart function, decreased exam times, and enhanced patient communication