Living Memory: The Social Aesthetics of Language in a Northern Italian Town
Constructing Transcripts: Orthographic Conventions and Transcription Processes.
2. Bergamasco in Use: The Feel of Everyday Speaking.
3. Gendering Language.
4. Bergamasco on Stage: Poetry and Theater.
5. Modern Campanilismo: The Value of Place.
6. Bergamo, Italy, Europe: Speaking Contextualized.
• Reveals the political and social dynamics of a national language (Italian) and a local dialect (Bergamasco) struggling for survival
• Introduces the original concept of the “social aesthetics of language”: the interweaving of culturally-shaped and emotionally felt dimensions of language-choice
• Written to be accessible to students and specialists alike