2. Risk factors for the development of lymphoedema.
3. Educating the patient at risk of lymphoedema.
4. Identifying lymphoedema.
5. A framework for the assessment of a patient with lymphoedema.
6. Care of the skin.
7. Movement and exercise.
8. Lymphatic drainage.
9. The role of compression therapy in the management of lymphoedema.
10. Additional treatments used in the management of lymphoedema.
11. Living with lymphoedema.
12. Complications of lymphoedema.
Glossary of terms.
Useful addresses and websites.
• Promotes care of the ‘at risk’ limb in order to minimise problematic swelling
• Includes a framework for assessment
• Enables nurses to identify complications and recognise the need for referral
• Includes case studies