DescriptionMore college students use Amos Gilat’s MATLAB: An Introduction with Applications than any other MATLAB textbook. This concise book is known for its just-in-time learning approach that gives students information when they need it. The new edition gradually presents the latest MATLAB functionality in detail. Equally effective as a freshmen-level text, self-study tool, or course reference, the book is generously illustrated through computer screen shots and step-by-step tutorials, with abundant and motivating applications to problems in mathematics, science, and engineering.
Chapter 1 Starting With MATLAB
Chapter 2 Creating Arrays
Chapter 3 Mathematical Operations with Arrays
Chapter 4 Using Script Files and Managing Data
Chapter 5 Two-Dimensional Plots
Chapter 6 Programming In MATLAB
Chapter 7 User-Defined Functions and Function Files
Chapter 8 Polynomials, Curve Fitting, and Interpolation
Chapter 9 Applications in Numerical Analysis
Chapter 10 Three-Dimensional PlotsChapter 11 Symbolic Math
- More than 200 completely new problems have been added to the Fifth Edition.
- New tutorial videos provide students with “virtual office hours” explanations of example problems. This is an important feature in courses that often have large enrollments and limited teaching staff.
- Homework problems have been updated to cover a wider range of applications.
- Examples have been updated to ensure coverage is consistent with the latest version of MATLAB.
- Focused on applying MATLAB as a tool to solve engineering problems.
- Annotated programs simplify topic explanations.
- Helps students learn programming and how to put MATLAB commands to use right away.
- Well-organized text completely explains a topic, and then shows how to apply it to solve engineering problems.
- Subject matter includes arrays, mathematical operations with arrays, script files, 2-D and 3-D plotting, programming (flow control), user defined functions, anonymous functions, function functions, function handles, subfunctions and nested functions, polynomials, curve fitting, interpolation, and applications in numerical analysis.