MCSA / MCSE / MCDBA: SQL Server 2000 Administration Study Guide: Exam 70-228, Updated, 2nd Edition
DescriptionHere's the book you need to prepare for Exam 70-228, Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2000. This Study Guide provides:
- In-depth coverage of every official exam objective
- Practical information on installing, configuring, and administering SQL Server 2000
- Real-world insights, advice, and recommendations
- Hundreds of challenging practice questions, in the book and on the CD
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a test engine and electronic flashcards
Authoritative coverage of all exam objectives, including:
- Installing and configuring SQL Server 2000
- Creating SQL Server 2000 databases
- Managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting SQL Server 2000 databases
- Extracting and transforming data with SQL Server 2000
- Managing and monitoring SQL Server 2000 security
- Managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting SQL Server 2000
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2000 and Relational Databases.
Chapter 2: Installing, Upgrading, and Configuring SQL Server 2000.
Chapter 3: SQL Server Tools, Utilities, and Queries.
Chapter 4: Planning, Creating, and Managing a Database in SQL Server 2000.
Chapter 5: Security and SQL Server 2000.
Chapter 6: Implementing Database Backups and Restorations.
Chapter 7: Managing Your Data.
Chapter 8: Implementing Proactive Administration and IIS Support in SQL Server 2000.
Chapter 9: Creating and Implementing a Replication Solution in SQL Server 2000.
Chapter 10: Monitoring and Optimizing SQL Server 2000.
Exercise 5.5 (change 5.5 step 1 to the following:5.5 Step 1: Log in to Windows as Administrator and then open the Query Analyzer and log in using Windows Authentication.
Exercise 5.8 (pg 193) step 10, Remove the word Sales from the step.
Ex 5.22, step 7 ? change ?Capture to Table?- to ?Save to Table?
NO_RECOVERY should be NORECOVERY. Fix this for all instances of NO_RECOVERY throughout this chapter.
Tip ? It should read: ... issue the command RESTORE DATABASE database WITH RECOVERY to activate...
Question19.Â Should be Answer B.
End of step 5 should say ...displayed in Figure 7.4.
Exercise 8.1 Step 6 ? should be pubs_full_backup not pubs_back.Â
Author's note - step 10, If you wish to use a named instance, then use MSSQL$InstanceName\Data.
step 15 - If your name did not change automatically, please do so manually.
Step 1 - If snapshot replication did not start on it's own, right-click the agent and start it manually.
Step 4 - add: ....IO displays disk time. Click OK when you are finished.
Step 9 - note: this code will be used again in Step 16.
step 16 - see detailed description