MCSE Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Administration Study Guide: Exam 70-216, 2nd Edition
DescriptionHere's the book you need to prepare for Exam 70-216, Implementing and Administering a Microsoft Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure.
This study guide provides:
- In-depth coverage of every exam objective--all the information you need
- Practical information on managing a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- Hundreds of challenging review questions, in the book and on the CD
- Leading-edge exam preparation software, including a testing engine, electronic flashcards, and simulation software
Authoritative coverage of all exam objectives, including:
- DNS in a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- DHCP in a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- Remote access in a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- Network protocols in a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- WINS in a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- IP routing in a Windows 2000 network infrastructure
- Certificate Services
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
Chapter1 Understanding Windows 2000 Networking.
Chapter2 Windows 2000 Network Naming Services.
Chapter3 Windows 2000 Connectivity and Security Services.
Chapter4 Installing and Configuring Basic Network Protocols.
Chapter5 Managing the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol.
Chapter6 Installing and Managing Domain Name Service (DNS).
Chapter7 Managing the Windows Internet Name Service.
Chapter8 Managing IP Routing.
Chapter9 Managing Remote Access Services.
Chapter10 Managing Virtual Private Networking.
Chapter11 Managing IP Security.
Chapter12 Installing and Configuring Network Clients.
Chapter13 Managing Network Address Translation.
Chapter14 Installing and Configuring Microsoft Certificate Server.
|Download All Images and Demos|
Download a .zip file with the demos and images referenced in the book.
To uncompress the file, Windows users can use Windows built-in ZIP utilities or a 3rd party utility like WinZip or WinRAR. Macintosh users can simply double-click the downloaded file to extract using the built-in archive utility.
Readme file incorrectly refers Winsim file WinSim2KDSA.exe, the correct file on the CD is WinSim2KNET_Structure.exe
2nd line begins, (except for the data link layer)... . It should read, (except for the physical layer)... .
"If no DHCP server responds...
"If no DHCP server responds within that time, the client repeats its request
In the How DNS Resolves Names section, 2nd paragraph, 2nd line, client should be server .
Question #13, Option B should read ...Subnet 1... rather than ...Subnet 3...
Answer to Question #15 should read : F, B, E, C. See detailed explanation
Real World Scenario, 10th line, two driver standards are mentioned: NDIS and TDI, should read NDIS and ODI.
Last paragraph, 3rd line, 255 should read 254
Last paragraph, 5th and 6th lines, 241 should read 240
The Tip paragraph: Please reword the fourth sentence of the tip to: You should exclude a range
Step 2 of EXERCISE 5.4 should read: :
2. Follow the instructions in exercise 5.3 to create two scopes: one for
3rd bullet, 4th line, hours should read days . FIGURE 7.2 is correct.
By default you can't be sure if a client is making NBT lookup requests
Question #2 is the same as Question #6 on page 293
"... WINS server. One of the WINS servers recently failed, and you don't
And change the options to:
A. Configure the