DescriptionThis unique book deals almost wholly with the clinical aspects of the subject. Male Infertility is a book written by a clinician for clinicians, most frequently gynaecologists who are battling to understand reproductive pathology in the infertile male patient. It is intended to familiarize the gynaecologist and other interested clinicians in the clinical management of an infertile man and provide that individual with practical guidance to a clinical problem.
1. What do We Mean by Male Infertility?.
2. The Anatomy and Physiology of the Male Genital Tract.
3. The Structure and Function of the Human Spermatozoon.
4. The History and Clinical Examination of the Infertile Male.
5. The Analysis of Semen.
6. Obstructive Lesions of the Male Genital Tract.
7. Primary Testicular Disease: A Common Cause of Male Infertility.
8. Varicocele and Its Role in Male Infertility.
9. Endocrine Causes of Infertility in the Male.
10. Disorders of Ejaculation.
11. Disorders of Erectile Function.
12. Spinal Cord Injury and Infertility.
13. Vasectomy-related Infertility.
14. The Microbiology of Semen and infections of the Male Genital Tract.
15. Genetics and Infertility in the Male.
16. Infertility and the Presence of Antisperm Antibodies.
17. Testicular Cancer and Fertility in the Male.
18. Physical Agents, Drugs and Toxins in the Causation of Male Infertility.
19. Donor Insemination in the Treatment of Male Infertility.
20. The Role of IVF and Microassisted Fertilization in the Management of Male Infertility.
*Provides a practical approach to this clinical problem
*A unique text devoted solely to infertility in the male