DescriptionManagement Development is an essential text for master's level human resource management programs and for high level practitioners.
List of Tables.
List of Exhibits.
Part I: The Purpose of Management Development.
1. Management Development: Purposes, Processes and Prerequisites.
2. Management Development and Organizational Strategy: Justifying and Evaluating the Business Focus.
3. Supporting Individual Managerial Careers.
Part II: Identifying Development Needs.
4. Understanding Managerial Work, Roles and Competences.
5. Methodologies for Analysing Managerial Roles and Competences.
6. Analysing Individual Development Needs.
Part III: Management Development Interventions.
7. The Managerial Learning Process and its Context.
8. Using Formal Off the Job Management Development.
9 Work-based Management Development Methods: Informal and Incidental.
Part IV: Meeting Different Management Development Needs.
10. Management Development for Professionals.
11. Management Development for Women.
12. Management Development for International Managers.
13. Executive Development and the Top Team.
- Provides a strategic, practical and analytical approach to management development.
- Encourages the reader to apply techniques and come up with their own solutions.