ISBN: 978-0-631-21473-1 November 2004 Wiley-Blackwell 168 Pages
Download Product Flyer
- Examines the obligations that managers have to their various stakeholders: employees, customers, shareholders, and the community
- Looks at topics at the cutting edge of business ethics, including the ethics of supply chain management, as well as dealing with the press and non governmental agencies
- Considers the concepts of sustainability and triple bottom line accounting
- Includes chapters on stimulating the manager's moral imagination and promoting a unique theory of ethical leadership
Table of contents
1. My Station and Its Duties: The Function of Being a Manager.
2. Stockholder Management or Stakeholder Management.
3. The Ethical Treatment of Employees.
4. The Ethical Treatment of Customers.
5. Supply Chain Management and Other Issues.
6. Corporate Social Responsibility.
7. Moral Imagination, Stakeholder Theory and Systems Thinking: One Approach to Management Decision-Making.
“Management Ethics is up-to-date, wide-ranging, and extremely well-informed. Written from a Kantian stakeholder perspective, it presents an excellent account of the fundamentals of management ethics.” George Brenkert, Georgetown University
“Bowie and Werhane combine their diverse experiences and knowledge to provide an excellent primer in management ethics. They present the basics of managers’ ethics and corporate social responsibility in a clear and compelling narrative chock-full of cogent examples and core concepts.” Thomas Dunfee, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Offers a highly accessible and concise introduction to key issues and problems in the area of management ethics
- Explores topics on the cutting edge of business ethics, including the ethics of supply chain management, the ethics of dealing with the press and non- governmental agencies
- Discusses the concepts of sustainability and triple bottom line accounting
- Includes chapters on stimulating the manager's moral imagination and a chapter promoting a unique theory of ethical leadership