DescriptionWhat the practicing cardiologist really needs is a text that emphasizes unbiased, up to date information and that places this information into an appropriate context. The third edition of Management of Complex Cardiovascular Problems: The Evidence-based Medicine Approach, carefully edited by Dr Thach N. Nguyen and his co-Editors, does precisely this”. From the Foreword by Eugene Braunwald, MD, Distinguished Hersey Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
Patients with complex cardiovascular problems pose a special management challenge for both the specialist and the non-specialist. To make the best treatment decisions and avoid potential problems, you need to stay on top of ever-changing standards of care. Management of Complex Cardiovascular Problems: The Evidence-based Medicine Approach, Third Edition, supplies dependable information you can use in daily practice.
Conveniently boxed summaries give you immediate access to:
- Critical thinking – presenting new concepts
- Evidence-based medicine – the key results of important clinical trials
- Emerging trends – how new information can be applied to improve practice
- Clinical pearls – advice from master clinicians
- Take home messages – succinct summaries of each chapter
This concise text offers candid advice on incorporating evidence-based data concerning:
- Acute coronary syndrome
- ST segment elevation myocardial infarction
- Hypotension and shock in acute myocardial infarction
- Care of the patient undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery
- Care of the patient undergoing non-cardiac surgery
- Pulmonary hypotension
- Heart failure
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Atrial fibrillation
- Mitral regurgitation
- Ischemic stroke
- Congenital heart disease in adults
Keep Management of Complex Cardiovascular Problems: The Evidence-based Medicine Approach, Third Edition, close at hand for the frequent consultation it is sure to receive.
2 ST-Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction (Thach N. Nguyen, C. Michael Gibson, Borce Petrovski, Prakash Makam, Nguyen Duc Cong and Pham Gia Khai).
3 Hypotension and Cardiogenic Shock in Acute Myocardial Infarction (Thach N. Nguyen, Sim Kui Hian, Nikola Bakraceski, Haiyun Wu and Shiwen Wang).
4 Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (Thach N. Nguyen, David Jayakar, Felix Gozo and Vijay Dave).
5 Care for Patients Undergoing Non-cardiac Surgery (Thach N. Nguyen, Gianluca Rigatelli, Loan T. Pham, Vo Thanh Nhan and Kim Eagle).
6 Integrated Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease (Huy Van Tran, Olabode Oladeinde, Nguyen Hai Thuy, Huynh Van Minh, Dao Duy An, Dat Nguyen Tran, Thach N. Nguyen, Adolphus Anekwe and Matthew J. Sorrentino).
7 Pulmonary Hypertension (Michael D. McGoon).
8 Heart Failure (Thach N. Nguyen, Loan T. Pham, Pham Nguyen Vinh, Norbert Lingling D. Uy, Gaurav Kumar and Hoang Pham).
9 Ventricular Tachycardia (Thomas Bump, Pham Quoc Khanh, Pham Nhu Hung, Ta Tien Phuoc, Abdul Wase and Vuong Duthinh).
10 Atrial Fibrillation (Hung-Fat Tse and Chu-Pak Lau).
11 Mitral Regurgitation (Jui-Sung Hung, Kean-Wah Lau, Zee-Pin Ding, Do Doan Loi, Pham Manh Hung and Thach N. Nguyen).
12 Stroke (Thach N. Nguyen, Marc Simaga, Sundeep Mangla, Rajiv Kumar and Sanjeev V. Maniar).
13 Syncope (Brian Olshansky, Dayi Hu, Pham Quoc Khanh, Pham Nhu Hung, Ta Tien Phuoc and Thach N. Nguyen).
14 Congenital Heart Disease in Adults (Thach N. Nguyen, Nguyen Lan Hieu, Huynh Tuan Khanh, Zhang Shuang Chuan and Heidi M. Connolly).
“A very useful and concise tool that will assist physicians … editors … have accomplished a monumental task … a great addition to the library of those involved in the field.”
Journal of the American Medical Association
""Summarizes recent clinical data and offers the most appropriate treatment strategies…it incorporates the most recent randomized trials.""
- A frank and honest review and evaluation of the data from clinical trials, offering practical ways to incorporate this evidence-based information into everyday practice
- ‘Clinical Pearls’ feature across all chapters and offer quick and smart recognition of the problem during management
- Currently the only book that discusses the options when the standard management fails