List of participants.
1. Deterring IUU Fishing - Geoffrey P. Kirkwood and David J. Agnew.
2. Development of an estimation system for the U.S. longline discard estimates of bluefin tuna - Carl M. O'Brien, Graham P. Milling and Craig Brown.
3. Problems of herring assessment and management in the Baltic Sea - Georgs Kornilovs.
4. Relationships between fishing gear, size frequency and reproductive patterns for the kingfish (Scomberomorus commerson Lacépède) fishery in the Gulf of Oman – Micheal R.G. Claaereboudt, Hamed S. Al-Oufi, Jennifer McIlwain and J. Steven Goddard.
5. The management of transboundary stocks of toothfish, Dissostichus spp., under the convention on the conservation of antartic marine living resources - Eugene N. Sabourenkov and Denzil G.M. Miller.
6. On the management of shared fish stocks: critical issues and international initiatives to address them - Gordon R Munro, Rolf Willmann and Kevern L. Cochrane.
7. A review of Mediterranean shared stocks, assessment and management - Jordi Lleonart.
8. The experience of Antarctic whaling - Sidney Holt.
9. Transboundary issues in the purse-seine, trawl and crustacean fisheries of the Southeast Atlantic - Moses Maurihungirire.
10. Allocation in high seas fisheries: avoiding meltdown - Douglas S. Butterworth and Andrew J. Penney.
11. Management of shared Baltic fishery resources - Robert Aps.
12. The Southwest Atlantic; achievements of bilateral management and the case for multilateral arrangement - A. John Barton, David J. Agnew and Lunne V. Purchase.
13. The whole could be greater than the sum of the parts: the potential benefits of cooperative management of the Carribean spiny lobster - Kevern L. Cochrane, B. Chakalall and Gordon Munro.
14. The assessment and management of local herring stocks in the Baltic - Evald Ojaveer, Tiit Raid and Ulo Suursaar.
15. Fish fisheries and dolphins as indicators of ecosystem health along the Georgian coast of the Black Sea - Akaki Komakhidze, R. Goradze, R. Diasamidze, N. Mazmanidi and G. Komakhidze.
16. The role and the determination of residence proportions for fisheries resources across political boundaries: the Georges Bank example - Stratis Gavaris and Steven A. Murawski.
17. Integrating climate variation and changes into fisheries yield, with an example upon the southern Newfoundland (NAFO Subdivision 3Ps) cod - John G. Pope.
18. Measuring fish behaviour: the relevance to the managed exploitation of shared stocks - Julian D. Metcalfe and Mike G. Pawson.
19. The rise and fall of cod (Gadus morhua, L.) in the North Sea - R. Colin A. Bannister.
20. Managing Arabian Gulf sailfish - issues of transboundary migration - John Hoolihan.
Reports of Discussion Groups:.
1. International approaches to management of shared stocks: fisheries, management and external driver issues - Douglas S. Butterworth, Kevern L. Cochrane, Matthew R. Dunn and Clive J. Fox.
2. International approaches to management of shared stocks: ecosystems, competition and behavioural issues - Geoffrey P. Kirkwood, John G. Pope, John Casey and Ewen Bell.
Archive of Fishery and Marine Research
* Looks at how fish stocks are shared in international waters
* Subject of massive commercial importance