Managerial Accounting, 2nd Edition with WileyPLUS by Charles and Elizabeth Davis offers a modern, practical approach to teaching and learning managerial accounting based on a unique integration of concepts, practice, and business context within distinct and flexible LEARNING UNITS that are designed to meet the needs of today’s business majors. New WileyPLUS with ORION provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively, while assignable Managerial Accounting Videos engage students before, during, or after class. Prepare your students for success in your class and for their future careers with Davis and Davis, Managerial Accounting, 2nd Edition with WileyPLUS.
WileyPLUS and WileyPLUS with ORION sold separately from text.
Topic Focus 1: C&C Sports, Managerial Accounting Context 35
Chapter 2. Cost Behavior and Cost Estimation 44
Chapter 3. Cost–Volume–Profit Analysis and Pricing Decisions 80
Chapter 4. Product Costs and Job Order Costing 126
Topic Focus 2: Process Costing 179
Topic Focus 3: Variable and Absorption Costing 199
Chapter 5. Planning and Forecasting 216
Chapter 6. Performance Evaluation: Variance Analysis 286
Topic Focus 4: Standard Costing Systems 339
Chapter 7. Activity-Based Costing and Activity-Based Management 358
Topic Focus 5: Customer Profi tability 409
Chapter 8. Using Accounting Information to Make Managerial Decisions 426
Chapter 9. Capital Budgeting 482
Chapter 10. Decentralization and Performance Evaluation 530
Chapter 11. Performance Evaluation Revisited: A Balanced Approach 580
Chapter 12. Financial Statement Analysis 620
Chapter 13. Statement of Cash Flows 672
- Additional end-of-chapter exercises and problems available in the book and WileyPLUS, and test bank questions and problems, give instructors more flexibility to assess specific learning objectives.
- New C&C Sports Continuing Case in the end-of-chapter section gives students continued contextualized application of the concepts in a business decision making setting.
- Thoroughly updated “Reality Checks” introduce students to the latest business world applications, and show relevance of managerial accounting to various business majors.
- Increased focus on context through design. In this edition we highlight internal players in decision making, external companies in decision making – service, manufacturing, retail, and the supply chain.
- Students are better prepared for class after working through LEARNING UNITS introduced by Davis and Davis. LEARNING UNITS include manageable segments of student friendly exposition immediately followed by practice sections called UNIT REVIEWS that include key terms, self-study questions, and practice exercises with worked out solutions.
- The consistent context of C&C Sports (a producer of baseball uniforms), and its business partners in the LEARNING UNITS and throughout the narrative of the text, allows students to learn new concepts more quickly, since they are not relearning a new context every time a new concept is introduced.
- With plenty of relevant real-world examples in REALITY CHECKS and fun hip companies featured in the Managerial Accounting Videos Series, students see the relevance of managerial accounting to their future careers, and are better equipped to develop decision making skills for today’s business environment.
- Current users and reviewers alike value the quantity and quality of practice questions and end of chapter problems available in the Davis, Managerial Accounting program. These give instructors and students plenty of opportunity for practice and learning outcomes assessment both in the book and online in WileyPLUS.
- WileyPLUS is now equipped with an adaptive learning module called ORION. Based on cognitive science, WileyPLUS with ORION, provides students with a personal, adaptive learning experience so they can build their proficiency on topics and use their study time most effectively. WileyPLUS with ORION helps students learn by learning about them.