DescriptionThis major text for students of public services management combines well-developed management theory with research from a range of countries including Germany, Holland, Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden and the UK.
List of Tables.
List of Figures.
Glossary of Terms.
List of Acronyms and Abbreviations.
2. Managing the Core Public Services.
3. Service Delivery - Meeting Citizen Needs.
4. Managing Resources for Social Gain.
5. Strategic Control of Core Public Services.
6. Organizational Structures for Effective Service Delivery.
7. Managing Professionals.
8. Review of Reform Programmes.
- Explores how core public services can best be managed
- Develops a conceptual structure for public sector management that is not borrowed from private enterprise
- Refers to research from a range of countries, including Germany, Holland, Ireland, New Zealand, Sweden and the UK.