Part I: Recruiting and Selecting a Diverse Workforce:.
1. EEO Law and Managing Diversity: Elaine K. Yakura.
2. The Implications of a Diverse Labor Market on Human Resource Planning: Richard D. Arvey, Ross E. Azevedo, Daniel Ostgaard and Sumita Raghuram.
3. Diversity Considerations in Staffing Decision Making: Robert L. Heneman, Nancy E. Waldeck and M. Cushnie.
Part II: Developing and Motivating a Changing Workforce:.
4. Mentoring in a Context of Diversity and Turbulence: Kathy E. Kram and Douglas T. Hall.
5. Performance Appraisal and Demographic Diversity: Issues Regarding Appraisals, Appraisers, and Appraising: Chao C. Chen and Nancy DiTomaso.
6. The Role of Training in a Changing Workforce: New Perspectives and Approaches: J. Kevin Ford and Sandra Fisher.
7. Compensation and Diversity: New Pay for a New Workforce?: Alison E. Barber and Christina L. Daly.
Part III: Innovations in Diversity Management:.
8. Human Resource Strategies to Support Diversity in Work and Personal Lifestyles: Sharon A. Lobel and Ellen Ernst Kossek.
9. Unions, Collective Bargaining and the Diversity Paradox: John T. Delaney and M. Catherine Lundy.
10. Workplace Health and Safety: Implications for Diversity: Karen A. Brown.
11. Managing Disability-Based Diversity: Karen Roberts.
Part IV: Linking Diversity to Organizational Strategy:.
12. Managing Diversity within Multinational Firms for Competitive Advantage: Gary W. Florkowski.
13. Diversity: A Strategic Issue: Parshotam Dass and Barbara Parker.
14. Capitalizing on the Benefits of Diversity through Work Teams: Donna Thompson and Laura E. Gooler.
Part V: Managing Diversity and Organizational Development: Original Cases and Lessons from the Field:.
15. Personal Reflections on the Diversity-Management-Organizational Development Marriage: Roosevelt Thomas.
16. To Do or Not to Do: Initiating Diversity Programs: Everette J. Freeman.
17. Managing Diversity as a Vehicle for Culture Change: Ellen Ernst Kossek.
18. Functional Diversity at Work: A Client Driven Case for Managing Diversity: Toni A. Gregory and Ronald P. Lewis.
19. Crossing Borders: Bernardo M. Ferdman and Placida I. Gallegos.
20. Adapting Human Resource Systems to Manage Global Diversity: Ellen Ernst Kossek.
About the Contributors.