DescriptionWith Managing IT as a Business you'll get practical advice on how to unleash the full potential of this critical function so that companies can derive maximum benefit. It offers a proven plan for bridging the gap between CEOs and CIOs that has, until now, impeded their ability to work together in order to craft objectives, establish budget guidelines, and develop metrics for measuring IT value and success. In short, with this book as a guide, business leaders will learn how to manage IT as they would any other functional business unit.
1. Get the CIO on the Executive Team.
2. Link IT Strategy to Corporate Strategy.
3. IT Management Is about Relationship Management.
4. Align the IT Organization Structure with Profitability Drivers.
5. Understand the Real IT Spend.
6. Focus on Outcomes, Not Process.
7. Leveraging Investment Cycles and the Power of Standardization.
8. Talk about Information Technology and Use IT Appropriately so Others Know It Is Important.
9. Information Technology Improvement Never Ends.