2. Suboptimal reproductive performance SORP.
4. Dystocia and vagino-cervical prolapse.
5. Male infertility.
6. Periparturient ewe losses.
7. Mastitis, udder and teat lesions.
8. Perinatal lamb losses.
9. Inadequate growth rate.
12. Adult weight loss.
13. Mouth disorders.
15. Changed behaviour and neurological dysfunction.
16. Eye disorders/visual defects.
19. Abdominal distension and abdominal pain.
20. Wool loss and skin lesions.
21. Respiratory disease.
22. Found dead and sudden death.
Appendix 1 Postmortem examination.
Appendix 2 Sample taking and sample sending.
Appendix 3 Nutrition.
Appendix 4 Internal parasite control.
Appendix 5 Health plans and vaccination programmes.
Appendix 6 Poisons.
Appendix 7 Zoonoses.
Appendix 8 Anaesthesia and common surgical procedures.
Appendix 9 Possible new production and disease patterns.
Appendix 10 Standard reference values.
Appendix 11 Abbreviations.
Appendix 12 Further reading.
The Veterinary Record
"This book is far better than the first, both in style and in content. There are longer, more comprehensive books, and there are certainly more expensive books, but there are none that provide such essential information for the sheep practitioner in such a concise and easy-to-use format. If you want help with a diagnosis, this book should be the first one to pick up.
* now includes colour pictures of important diseases
* expanded to give comprehensive coverage of sheep diseases and not just diagnosis