Manual of Therapeutics for Addictions
Edited by Norman S. Miller, MD, Mark S. Gold,MD, and David E. Smith, MD
Here is a much-needed practical guide to the effective diagnosis and treatment of alcohol and drug addictive disorders. Designed to meet the diverse needs of family and primary care physicians, psychiatrists and mental health professionals, and medical students and residents, this authoritative text offers clear, step-by-step recommendations on the selection and application of both pharmacological and psychosocial therapies. Arranged in an easy-to-use outline format, Manual of Therapeutics for Addictions:
* Covers the pharmacology, neurochemistry, and treatment options for alcohol and such drugs as marijuana, cocaine, and opiates
* Includes material on eating, sexual, and gambling addictions
* Contains age-, cultural-, and gender-specific information for diagnosis and treatment
* Addresses relevant medical complications and psychiatric interactions
* Features contemporary topics such as managed care, minority concerns, and forensic issues
Table of contents
Partial table of contents:
ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS OF INTOXICATION AND WITHDRAWAL IN ADDICTIVE DISORDERS.
Assessment and Diagnosis in Addictive Disorders (N. Miller, et al.).
Intoxication and Withdrawal from Marijuana, LSD, and MDMA (M. Gold & N. Miller).
Drug Testing (R. DuPont).
PHARMACOLOGICAL TREATMENT OF INTOXICATION AND WITHDRAWAL.
Treatment of Opiate Dependence (J. Piszczor & W. Weddington).
TREATMENT IN SPECIFIC POPULATIONS.
Treatment of Acute Emergencies (S. John).
Treatment of Comorbid Surgical Disorders (R. Littrell & G. Hyde).
Treatment of Addictive Disorders in Women (L. Miller).
Treatment of Gambling, Eating, and Sex Addictions (J. Schneider & R. Irons).
Treatment Management for Acute and Continuing Care (D. Angres & M. Easton).
Treatment Efficacy (N. Miller).
Forensic and Ethical Issues (A. Daghestani).