Master Visually 3ds Max 8
Master Visually 3ds Max 8
Product not available for purchase
Description* Navigating within the interface
* Creating and editing 2D and 3D objects
* Controlling animation with function curves
* Integrating walls, doors and windows
* Simulating water surfaces and fluttering flags
* Adjusting color and brightness of lighting
* Rendering scenes with Quick Render
Valuable tools on CD-ROM!
* 3ds Max 8 evaluation version
* Project files from the book
System Requirements: Please see the ""About the CD-ROM"" Appendix for details and complete system requirements.
* ""Master It"" sidebars answer questions and present shortcuts
* High-resolution screen shots demonstrate each task
* Succinct explanations walk you through step by step
* Two-page lessons break big topics into bite-sized modules
Chapter 1. Optimizing the 3ds Max Environment.
Chapter 2. Working with Objects.
Chapter 3. Organizing Objects.
Part II. Modeling Your Objects.
Chapter 4. Create Objects Efficiently in 3ds Max.
Chapter 5. Modifying 2D Objects.
Chapter 6. Modifying 3D Objects.
Chapter 7. creating Architectural, Engineering, and Construction Objects.
Part III. Animating Your Scene.
Chapter 8. Control Animation Using Keyframes.
Chapter 9. Working with the Track View.
Chapter 10. Working with Controllers and Constraints.
Chapter 11. Adjusting Animation with the Curve Editor.
Chapter 12. Working with the Dope Sheet Editor.
Chapter 13. Working with Hierarchies.
Part IV. Working with Materials and Maps.
Chapter 14. Using the Material Editor.
Chapter 15. Working with the Material and Map Browser.
Chapter 16. Using Material and Channel Types.
Part V. Adding Lights and Cameras.
Chapter 17. Using Standard Lights.
Chapter 18. Using Advanced Lighting.
Chapter 19. Using Cameras.
Part VI. Performing Quality Rendering.
Chapter 20. Using the Render Tools.
Chapter 21. Using the Render Scene Dialog Box.
Chapter 22. Applying rendering Effects.
Part VII. Apply Effects for Super Results.
Chapter 23. create Atmospheric Effects.
Chapter 24. Working with particle Systems.
Chapter 25. Using Space Warps.
Chapter 26. Working with the Reactor.
Chapter 27. Controlling a Character with Character Studio.
Chapter 28. Adding Colth to Your Scenes.
Chapter 29. Adding Hair and Fur to your Objects.
Part VIII. Appendix.
- Covers the latest release: 3ds Max 8!
- Over 600 pages of intermediate to advanced step-by-step tasks.
- 3ds max is used to create high-profile animations, including effects in The Day After Tomorrow, X2: X Men United, The Last Samurai, the Oscars television show, numerous commercials, and many other film and television productions, as well as architectural, product, scientific, medical, and industrial design visualization projects.
- Consistent placement of information makes learning fast and efficient.
- Includes CD-ROM with project software from the book.
- The only intermediate to advanced 3ds Max book designed for visual learners.
|How Access the Missing 3ds Max Texture Maps,If the reader does not have the image maps that ship with Max|
The EarthMap.jpg and MOON.jpg files ship with 3ds Max 8 and are located in the 3dsMax8\maps\space folder. If you do not have these image maps, you can do the following:
You must now make sure that Max knows where to look for the image maps. Max first looks where it is told the maps are by the material that references them. Next, it looks in the same folder as the current project. If Max doesn't find it in either of those locations, then it works through the external files search path folders. To add folders to the search path: