DescriptionIn Mastering Autodesk VIZ 2008, VIZ expert Jon McFarland teaches you how to get the most out of Autodesk's potent 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software. As you follow real-world examples, you'll quickly see how to apply these techniques to your design projects. Whether you're entirely new to VIZ or simply want to master its newest features, this book offers the clear explanations and step-by-step instruction you need to make VIZ work for you.
- Finding your way around in VIZ
- Linking to AutoCAD files
- Modeling using primitive and compound objects
- Editing using modifers and sub-objects
- Creating complex shapes with surface modeling tools
- Managing your design data more efficiently
- Simulating lighting effects accurately with global illumination
- Rendering real-world surfaces with Architectural material
- Setting up animated walk-throughs
- Using radiosity to create accurate scene lighting
- Using mental ray to achieve the most realistic rendering
- Producing design presentation views
- Understanding keyframes and function curve editing
- Acquiring 3D models and props from the Web
Chapter 1: Getting to Know VIZ.
Chapter 2: Introducing VIZ Objects.
Chapter 3: Creating Shapes with Splines.
Chapter 4: Editing Meshes and Creating Complex Objects.
Chapter 5: Creating AEC and Entourage Objects.
Chapter 6: Organizing and Editing Objects.
Chapter 7: Light and Shadow.
Chapter 8: Enhancing Models with Materials.
Chapter 9: Staging Your Design.
Chapter 10: Working with Files.
Chapter 11: Using Radiosity.
Chapter 12: Using mental ray.
Chapter 13: Understanding Animation.
Chapter 14: Creating Animations.
Chapter 15: Using Photoshop with VIZ.
Chapter 16: Combining Photographs with VIZ Designs.
Chapter 17: Using Other Autodesk Applications with VIZ.
Appendix A: The Bottom Line.
Appendix B: Modifiers and Materials.
Appendix C: Patches and NURBS Surfaces.
Appendix D: Helpers and Effects.
- Coverage includes: Finding your way around in VIZ; Linking to AutoCAD files; Modeling using primitive and compound objects; Editing using modifers and sub-objects; Creating complex shapes with surface modeling tools; Managing your design data more efficiently; Simulating lighting effects accurately with global illumination; Rendering real-world surfaces with Architectural material; Setting up animated walk-throughs; Using radiosity to create accurate scene lighting; Using mental ray to achieve the most realistic rendering; Producing design presentation views; Understanding keyframes and function curve editing; Acquiring 3D models and props from the Web.
- Uses real-world examples to guide readers through understanding and using the software and applying the techniques to real projects
- Covers linking to AutoCAD files, modeling with primitive and compound objects, editing, creating complex shapes, accurately simulating lighting effects, setting up animated walkthroughs, using mental ray for realistic rendering, producing design presentation views, acquiring 3D models and props from the Web, and more
- CD-ROM includes a trial version of VIZ, project files, and the DWF viewer.
- A complete set of instructor materials—syllabi, test questions, PowerPoint, image files, and additional learning suggestions.